Android Developers announced today about the Final version of Android 3.0 and the updated Developer SDK tools have been released and available to download.
For more information on Android 3.0, if you have not already, could be found at Android 3.0 Platform highlights.
Of course with the new platform the newer and capable SDK Tools (r10) and ADT Plugin for Eclipse (10.0.0). Key features include:
- UI Builder improvements in the ADT Plugin:
- New Palette with categories and rendering previews. (details)
- More accurate rendering of layouts to more faithfully reflect how the layout will look on devices, including rendering status and title bars to more accurately reflect screen space actually available to applications.
- Selection-sensitive action bars to manipulate View properties.
- Zoom improvements (fit to view, persistent scale, keyboard access) (details).
- Improved support for
layouts, as well as layouts with gesture overlays.
- Traceview integration for easier profiling from ADT. (details)
- Tools for using the Renderscript graphics engine: the SDK tools now compiles .rs files into Java Programming Language files and native bytecode.
Hope you like the Honeycomb like we do!
Android Developers Blog: Final Android 3.0 Platform and Updated SDK Tools