Transfer data to your new iPhone. http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/
Now that you got your new iPhone, how do you transfer data from your old phone to new iPhone 4? It is pretty simple if you follow a few guide lines. You can also bring data from another phone, non iPhone too.
Getting ready to transfer your information to iPhone
- Address Book or Entourage on a Mac, or Microsoft Outlook Contacts or Outlook Express on a PC
- iCal or Entourage on the Mac, or MS Outlook Calendar on a PC
- Yahoo! Address Book or Google Address Book
If you don’t manage your contacts and appointments with any of the above applications, it might not be a bad idea to start with one, so you’ll be ready to sync your iPhone with your most up-to-date phone numbers, email addresses, and appointments. Also you will have your data in multiple locations. You can also enter your contact information directly into your iPhone Contacts or Calendar.
If you use Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for your contact and address book management, you may want to get help from your IT staff or refer to this page to learn to configure iPhone to sync with Exchange ActiveSync.
Connect your iPhone to your computer with the USB cable and fire up you iTunes app. (You can aslo setup iTunes to start when the phone is plugged in). Select the iPhone under the devices as shown in the image below;
Now that you have to phone connected, you need to select which information to be synced, Go through the tabs in iTunes to specify which media and information you want synced from your computer to iPhone.
Click Apply in the lower-right corner of the screen. Your computer syncs with iPhone according to your settings.
The first time you sync iPhone, you are asked if you want to merge data, replace data on the service, or replace the data on your computer. After that, anytime you connect iPhone to your computer, iTunes opens and syncs with iPhone according to your settings.
If you do not have data from your old phone on your computer, If you’re using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, you can transfer data from your old phone to your PC:
Refer to the software that was included with your phone. Many phones include applications that will sync contacts, calendars, and other personal-information-manager data with a PC. You can install this software to get the contacts and calendars from your old phone and transfer them to your PC.You can also transfer your old data through your SIM card;
If you have just a few contacts or calendars on your previous phone, you may find it easier to reenter them manually into a supported Windows application or into iPhone itself.
- You can use your old phone’s SIM card (if your old phone is not an iPhone) to transfer primary phone number for each of your contacts from the SIM card. Additional numbers may not import, or may import as more than one contact.
- Remove the SIM card from your iPhone and replace it with the SIM card from your old phone.
- Your phone may need to reactivate. If so, connect to iTunes.
- Tap Settings, then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then tap Import SIM Contacts.