Usually when we search for images on the web, for an example, at Google image search, we would like to see as many relevant images on our browser space, so we can select what we really looking for sooner.
So as you can see in the video above, Google redesigned the Google Image Search for mobile, which is available for Android 2.1 and iPhone 3.0+ devices, to show as many thumbnails as possible on the phones.
The Google Image Search for mobile has;
- The thumbnails are square to maximize the number of images on the screen at one time
- Ability to swipe to see the next or previous page of results, or tap the large, stationary 'Next' and 'Previous' page buttons
- Optimized for speed so that the images appear quickly.
- The black background emphasizes the image and the buttons fade after a few seconds so you can just see images with little distraction
- Easily browse through the images by swiping from picture to picture
If you want to check this out on your mobile device, be it an Android device like Droid Incredible or an iphone, go to www.google.com and select images and initiate a search for your favorite subject.
Official Google Mobile Blog: The New Image Search for Android and iPhone