Luxury brands have been in touch with mobile devices and mobile phones. We have seen many companies like Prada releasing LG Phone, Dior releasing their own line of in-house (or out house from the looks of some of those prestigious mobile phones,)designed mobile phones. As mobile phones are a part of our day to day life, many people are looking to get a piece of the pie. When some companies sell a phone in the vicinity of $1000 where the same technology could be bought for less than $100 or gotten free with a contract, Luxury brands are realizing that there are enough people who would like to show off their phones in addition to talking! So other prestige brands are also adding cellular handsets to their product lines. If the above statement is to be said in Queens English, Mobile phones which personal items used frequently in public, mobile handsets can take on a powerful symbolism, representing the user’s social status and personality. In partnership with handset manufacturers and vendors, luxury brands are starting to carve out a distinct niche within the cellular handset industry.
So ABI Research has done a study that answers questions such as;
- What are the handset market environments in 2008?
- Why have the key success factors changed from hardware performance to brand power for handset manufacturers?
- Why are handset manufacturers introducing luxury branded handsets?
- What are the subcategories in the luxury handset segment and what are the differences and values for customers?
- What characteristics do consumers value in luxury handsets?
- What are the differences between the existing ‘Fashion’ segment and the fast-evolving ‘Luxury’ segment?
- What are the impacts of luxury handsets on market participants, from the perspective of mobile operators, manufacturers, consumers, luxury goods providers, and CDMs (customized design manufacturers)?
- Why is brand management important in the mobile handsets market?
- What are the strategic brand management and brand equity factors for handsets?
- How do manufacturers develop brand management programs for future success?
- What are the expected outcomes through brand management?
- Why do luxury goods providers target the mobile handset market to introduce their own branded phones?
- What are the key success factors that manufacturers and luxury goods providers should develop in co-branded luxury models?
- What are the key issues surrounding top five handset manufacturers in 2008, and what are their strategies for the future?
- What are the detailed forecasts for luxury handsets based on region and development entities to 2013?
So if you want to taste the pie, you can obtain the new study, “Luxury Mobile Phones,” follow this link.