Thursday, March 20, 2008

The High Lights Of VON Spring 2008.

There were a lot of things that happened at the VON conference in San Jose this week. I spent a lot of time with Digium, creators of the Asterisk open-source telephony software and it's new products that were unveiled. The Switchvox 3.5 and the AA60 Switchvox Appliance, are additions to Digium’s Switchvox product line, based entirely on Digium’s Asterisk technology and software. I will surely follow them up soon.

Then there was the OpenSER summit that I attended. I wrote about OpenSER a few times in this blog and I am sure I will continue to write more. OpenSER is an open source SIP server and supported by a global community of developers. OpenSER now promotes its features and services for business opportunities in enterprise and carrier markets. I also had the pleasure of meeting and listening to a large number of developers from the project.

I also attended a few workshops and listened to a few keynote speeches. But I think I gained most from the Digium |Asterisk World and the Innovators Forum.

Thanks Jeff Pulver, for everything.

All in all I learned a lot and met a whole bunch of people. I will be looking forward to the next VON!

tag: , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin