Monday, December 03, 2007

Give Quality Of Service (QoS) To Your VoIP or Any Other Important Internet

PC World tells you, home users, SOHO or SMBs to improve the QOS of your internet connection to aid you with your VoIP communications. The best part is that you may already have the hardware, a router, needed for this operation. (If your router is dated make sure that you have the latest firmware from the vendor loaded.) The article uses LINKSYS router for illustration but most modern routers has the QoS built in to them. So better start using it. The person at the end of the line might begin to understand you. Mine did not, even with expensive routers switches and IP PBXs. It is nothing to do with QoS or Networks. It is my accent, by living all over the world I have picked up accents from many a countries and it make hard for me to express myself properly to other people vocally. (So if you thought my writing is bad wait till you hear me!).
Enough bad jokes, here is the PC World article.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin