Saturday, August 04, 2007

Digium introduces a New Subscription-based Services and support

Digium introduced a new subscription based service for support and maintenance of Asterisk software and hardware. This new offering is supposedly designed to give Digium Asterisk customers and partners faster, easier and unlimited access to Digium service and support. Offered in Silver, Gold and Platinum levels.
The service is available beginning with newly released Asterisk Appliance.
I have always found the Digium to be one of the easiest companies to deal with, either when purchasing products or getting support for those products. I have mentioned before that I did not need much of support as I am a SFM (Study the F****** Manual) type guy and I study even harder about the products I recommend. But I also see this subscription support will work perfectly. My job is basically tell my clients, be they SMB or Government institutions which product will suit them. So the support has been a concern when dealing with any Open Source product. I had to explain sometimes that just because they are Open Source, you will not be left with no support.
But now the explanation will be much easier, just like I do with RedHat Linux (Now this has turned to be Oracle Unbreakable Linux due to various reasons that I end up using Oracle everywhere!). After the explanation, I can go about wearing one of my other hats(Physics, Oracle, and security) as I know very well that my clients will be taken care by Digium, even better than before!
You can learn more about this at Digium.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin